Saturday, September 5, 2009

Leftover Quesadilla

So you know at the end of the week you always see a problem where you have more leftover ingredients than you initially calculated? For those foods that are time-sensitive, I had no choice but to but make myself an odd quesadilla with some strange produce.



Ingredients used (with their appropriate time in the fridge):
Whole Wheat Tortillas - 3 weeks
Seitan - 3 weeks
Gouda cheese - 2 weeks
Finely grated Parmesan cheese - 2 weeks
Parsley - 1 week

To explain what seitan is, I'm going to have to go back to my favorite vegan (and arguably my all-time favorite) restaurant, Real Food Daily. I was introduced to them by a fellow intern when I was in Beverly Hills for the summer. This restaurant became my LA staple. Whenever a friend wanted to eat out, I would dare them to go vegan, and I loved to see their reactions when introduced to some very tasty dishes. The greatest discovery I made was seitan, a whole wheat protein that has a very meaty texture. It's a bit bland, but versatile if flavored correctly.







-John

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness. that looks absolutely DE-LIC-IOUS!!! oh my!

    ReplyDelete